Saturday, September 12, 2015

Peace to Shore - Day 12 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Peace to Shore" - 6" x 6" acrylic on paper in 14" x 11" mat - $65

Why is it the simplest paintings are sometimes the hardest ones to complete?  Is it because I don't know when to say "stop?" Or is it just difficult to walk away from something so calming when the emotions I experienced while painting this piece were just the opposite? 

It took a great deal of restraint to walk away from the easel without picking up my black ink or beloved jar of sludge gesso to add some shadows/rocks to this painting.  But I held myself back and I am glad I did. 

Painted on 9/11 - a very memorable day, here's "Peace to Shore" - in honor of all of those precious beings who perished in the 911 attack and their families.  I don't know if it will happen in my lifetime, but I hope and pray this world will experience a time of peace from shore to shore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment