|Collage of the "Wisdom of Winter" series for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge|
Each painting is acrylic on paper, and measures 24" x 18" - and they sell for $295 each including free shipping
1. I really like the neutral tones and moodiness of these works, and am falling in love with working on this wonderful French watercolor paper I found from Canson. It's affordable; flexible; and strong enough to take a massive beating (I absolutely pummel my substrates like a mad woman).
2. Working on paper has its advantages in that it's easy to store; takes up very little room; and is a size that interior designers and art consultants seem to use often.
3. I want to continue exploring the abstract landscapes further, and want to incorporate additional colors into the palette I've been using (cool pinks, purples, and oranges).
4. This past weekend I sold 3 paintings from this series including 1 to the UK and another to a dental office in Australia. I really feel many of these works would do very well in medical settings, and plan on promoting them to the consultants and designers as such.
5. Shipping is a breeze! I simply place the painting in a cellophane bag; roll it up carefully to fit inside a mailing tube; and take it to the post office where they type up the mailing labels for me. So much cheaper than shipping a canvas the same size.
6. I'm on a roll and I really don't want to stop. Eventually I will want to get my dining room back to a usable dining table (for entertaining); but I don't have any social gigs planned this next month so why not keep painting?
7. My social media numbers have jumped quite a bit since I've been posting consistently, and I want to grow my audience.
8. I have a marketing campaign planned that I'm excited about, and will be using the images from this series for it.
9. I want to continue being able to offer affordable, original works for sale.
10. My mission for 2017 is to sell a LOT more art, and I plan on adding more work to this particular series as well as my popular "Vessels" and "Table Talk" series.
This challenge has given me the push I needed to get the New Year started in high gear, and I am going for it! I thank you all for your wonderful comments and continued support, and hope you stick around and follow the journey.