Thursday, January 19, 2017

Flames in the Mist - Day 19 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Flames in the Mist" - 18" x 24" acrylic on canvas - $295 with free shipping
This piece took me for a bit of a loop.....I had been going for the moody yet peaceful neutral grays, browns and whites and kept working the painting until I got the composition to where I wanted it to be.  But it screamed for color, and as I listened I was led to the small bottles of Golden's Indian Yellow Hue & Quinacridone Burnt Orange.  Armed with my gel medium, I added a dot of each color (separately) and spread them on the paper.  Such boldness!  My eyes needed some rest so I got out my spray bottle of water and lightly misted some dots over the orange and yellow mixture.  When I lifted the water, I was delighted with the little dots dancing through the glazing and yet still wasn't satisfied.  So I added some more water then applied a very small amount of dried pewter metallic gouache, which exploded into a fine silver coating.  Done!  Yet OH SO HARD to properly photograph the true beauty of this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment