Sunday, January 29, 2017

Night into Day - Day 29 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

"Night into Day" - 18" x 24" acrylic on paper - $295 includes free shipping



Another black and white painting that can be flipped to be "Day into Night" or orientated vertically instead of horizontally.  

A huge benefit of these challenges is learning new things about ones likes and dislikes, and I've discovered I absolutely LOVE working with neutrals and a limited palette, and am even more in love with the minimalist look and mark making!  

A year ago you would have had to restrain me with handcuffs to keep me from throwing a spot of red or another bright color on this piece, and at this late stage in the challenge, I was able to walk away with just the black and white.  Guess you can still teach this old dog a few new tricks :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment