Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Swept Away - Day 1 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, September 2015

It's that time again and I've agreed to participate in yet another "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge!  This time the theme is going to be abstract seascapes.  I'm doing this theme for a few reasons:
  1. Nearly every abstract seascape I made over the past few months sold so apparently people like my seascapes.
  2. I love the ocean more than anyplace on earth.
  3. My time is stretched this month (I am participating in the Sac Open Studio Tour on 9/19-9/20) and I don't want to miss this challenge, so am doing something that is "easier" to do.
  4. I'm excited to start doing larger work again.
  5. After completing my 100 Artwork Challenge last month using a limited palette, I'm looking forward to doing a few more "soothing" works of art though you might find some "wild" seascapes in the mix!
So here's "Swept Away" - Day #1's offering for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  It reminds me of the ocean from my recent trip to Sea Ranch.  There were days when the waves were deep blue but later in the day, they turned a beautiful shade of green.  It was hard to capture the color with my camera but I managed to do it with the paint!

"Swept Away" - 6" x 6" acrylic on paper in 14" x 11" mat - $65

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the compliment, Sheila! I wasn't sure I could capture the color in the photograph but it seems to be OK in the blog post. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete