September is a very busy month for me with Open Studio Tours; planning for classes; taking on a new consulting client; working on getting a new on-line account going and getting ready for another show coming up in December. Many times I asked my Self "am I crazy" for doing this again? And several times I nearly quit but after seeing the finished product, I'm so glad I didn't.
I enjoy doing these challenges for a myriad of reasons, including:
- Challenging myself to a different topic/technique/medium
- Networking with other participating artists from all over the world
- Building my own following on social media and expanding my web presence
- Further establishing my discipline of being a nearly full-time artist
- Stretching my artistic and marketing abilities to new levels
- Building a new body of work that is able to be sold and licensed
Thanks to everyone who commented on my paintings and for those of you who contacted me about purchasing originals and larger works. I will be selling prints of these paintings in my Fine Art America Shop - will be uploading photos later this weekend and early next week. And once this is done, this girl is headed to the beach for some R&R - I'm one happy but exhausted artist!