Tuesday, December 8, 2015

New Seascapes in Oils

Last Friday I dropped off 9 new paintings for my show at FE Gallery which opens 12-12-15.  I don't know about any of you, but I get so nervous about showing new work in a gallery.  I fret about the small details, making sure everything is properly varnished, signed and finished "just right" then writing an inventory list; determining pricing; photographing each piece and loading everything into the car - it's a lot of work!!  Honestly - sometimes I think painting the new paintings is the easiest part of preparing for a show.

After I delivered the work (the gallery owner loved it, thank God!) I came home and made a cup of tea.  I sat down to drink the tea and basically planned on rewarding myself by being a couch potato for the rest of the day, but instead I was energized and inspired to pull out my oil paints.

I grabbed some old Masonite panels I had lying around and quickly painted 13 backgrounds in oil paint.  Over the next few days I added some more details and here's three of the finished paintings.
"Stormy Waves" - 5" x 7" oil on masonite - SOLD



"A Rocky Cove" - 5" x 5" oil on masonite - SOLD



"Tropical Waves" - 5" x 7" oil on masonite - $70



"Stormy Waves" sold to a dear friend who was visiting over the weekend, but the other two seascapes are available for purchase on my Artfinder Store (along with other paintings).  I'm looking forward to finishing the other panels before Christmas, then am taking a week off to prepare for my upcoming "Reflections" series I'll be doing for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge that starts January 1, 2016.

I'm on a mission to add larger works to my collection and working with more designers and art consultants in the new year.  I love making the small paintings and they do sell well, but I miss moving and dancing around while I paint the larger pieces.  I know somewhere there's a happy medium for this prolific artist!


No comments:

Post a Comment