Saturday, May 16, 2015

Challenges and New On-line Store

67/100 -- "3 Bowls" - 6" x 6" mixed media on paper - $75

The past month has been pretty stressful with some personal matters and today I'm going to escape to the beach for a little R&R and some creative soul revival time with my favorite art buddies.  I'm still doing the 100 Art Works Challenge and am finally up to #67.  I enjoy participating in these contests because they force me to challenge myself to do things I either haven't learned before (like abstract figure painting) .....

30 Paintings in 30 Days - abstract figures - 2014


.....or working with mediums that I used to avoid like oil paints!

30 Paintings in 30 Days -- oil paintings - 2015

Besides the 100 Art Works Challenge, I've participated and completed four "30 Paintings in 30 Days" contests.  These challenges are in addition to my normal painting routine, and though I do sell many of these works to my art collectors, I haven't really be pushing sales which means I've developed quite an inventory of work that needs to find happy homes. 

On May 4th, I opened a shop on ArtFinder, an on-line venue for artists from all over the world.  It's a juried site, which means you have to submit your work to be accepted.  I was thrilled to make the cut and made my first sale last week to a man in Florida.  If you get a chance, please check it out here and let me know what you think!!  One feature that I do like about this site is it allows people to make an offer on work they are thinking of purchasing.  Since I often discount my work anyway to my friends and collectors, I was thrilled they let me do this.

I'll be adding more work to the site as I get time, and in the meantime I'm starting plans for a huge studio sale which will be at my home studio.  If you're in the Sacramento area and want an invitation  please send me an email -- jj@judyjacobsart.com and I'll give you more details.  I'm thinking an ice cream social with the theme "Christmas in July....." - a late morning/early afternoon event which will hopefully beat the heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment