Thursday, May 7, 2015

Raindrops are Falling - 5 New WIP's


Woke up around 4:45 this morning to a dripping noise outside my window......got up to look outside and saw raindrops!!  What a delightful way to welcome a new day and create some art.

Awhile back I used my Gelli Plate to make some textural-like designs using tissue-like deli paper.  I loved the look of the papers and vowed one day to use them in some of my work, but hadn't gotten around to it until today.

This morning the rain inspired me to try something different, so I cut up a couple of the Gelli-Deli sheets to make a few collages for the 100 Artworks Challenge that I joined on March 15, 2015.  Above is a photo of 5 new works in progress - each are 6.25" x 4.25", which fit perfectly in some 10" x 8" mats I have lying around.  Can't wait to see how these look when they're done!

While writing this post, the sun came out.....looks like the rain show is over for sunny Sacramento.  Hope we get some more rain soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment