Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 1 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - "Bound for Glory"

"Bound for Glory" - 12" x 12" on .75" canvas - acrylic & graphite

I'm excited about participating in my 6th "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge.  Each time I try to work with a theme, and for 2016, I'm on a mission to simplify my life and let go of things and stuff in general.  Since I've managed to collect a rather embarrassing number of paintings over the years that just don't rock my world anymore, I decided it was time to paint over them.

The old paintings are all different sizes and on different substrates including canvas, wood panels and paper.  Many of the canvases are larger ones (12" x 12" to 36" x 72") and I'm excited about painting larger for the next 30 days.

Here is "Bound for Glory" - a redo of an old abstract that needed some work.  I'm also trying to use more neutral colors in my newer works, and am looking forward to incorporating them into this new series called "Reflections."  I toyed with the idea of posting "before and after" shots, but decided to just let the old designs pass peacefully away as I attempt to breathe new life into their memories.  Let me know what you think!!