Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 15 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - "Midnight Celebration"

"Midnight Celebration" - 30" x 24" acrylic on 1.5" canvas

Another abstract cityscape that's kind of a hot mess but I forced myself to walk away before I overworked it.  There is a lot about this piece that I like and I knew if I didn't stop, I'd end up ruining it.  So - I'm going to set this one aside for the time being and leave it in plain sight for a few days so I can decide what, if anything, I want to do next.

I'm enjoying this challenge and am thrilled with the progress I've made in paring down my vast inventory of canvases that needed some love.  It's hard to believe we're already halfway through the challenge and halfway through the first month of the new year.  I'm excited about completing the rest of this series, and then developing a marketing plan to promote both the challenge itself and the individual pieces.   I know I should have been uploading them into my on-line shops each day, but I just haven't had the time or the energy to do it. Painting large is actually great exercise, and after a few hours of painting each day, I'm wiped out!





4 comments:

  1. Hello JJ - I noticed this painting and wanted to tell you that it really reminds me of our 4th of July celebrations on the docks here in SE Alaska. I like that it is quite large too! I am also doing this challenge but with small paintings.
    Keep your energy up for the next 15! happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teri! I bet the Alaskan skies are spectacular for the 4th of July....where in Alaska do you live? Good luck with the challenge and enjoy the journey - working large is really giving me a creative workout this time, but I'm enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me think of fourth of July too. Here we go to the park near the bay, so you see reflections on the water, of the city and the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sheila - I'm officially renaming this piece "Midnight Celebration" in honor of 4th of July and New Years :-)

    ReplyDelete