Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 23 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - "Time to Grow"

"Time to Grow" - 24" x 36" acrylic on 1.5" canvas
I've been fighting a respiratory infection this past week that has unfortunately turned into a case of pneumonia, so painting for the remainder of this challenge will be happening as the meds continue to work their magic and in between bouts of coughing and dizziness. 

I really liked the painting that was painted over for "Time to Grow" - and I almost set the original aside to keep intact.  However, an inner voice guided me forward with the knowledge of what I was doing was indeed growth as a person and an artist. 

The original was rather dark and very personal - it was one from my dress and cups stages.  This new painting covered all that darkness, and at the end I decided to collage one of my canvas house pieces over a particularly personal area.  I just noticed it now appears as though it is "housing a secret" which indeed it is. 

Isn't it amazing at what appears when we let our psyche's through and hand them the control of the brush? 


3 comments:

  1. Get well soon! Oh this is delightful up close. Love the hidden fence line, and the story of our house is so intriguing :) Love the soft pastels along with the warm earth tones peeking out. Going back for another close-up look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get WELL!!! Beautiful subtle coloring...dreamlike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sheila and Carol - I've got two more of the canvas houses that I'm dying to use.....one or both might wind up on #30!

    ReplyDelete