Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 18 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - "Building Dreams"

"Building Dreams" - 36" x 24" acrylic and graphite on 1.5" canvas
With a strong background in the real estate industry, I have a love for buildings; houses; and dwellings in general.  They house our spirits day and night, and I've always been able to "feel" their soul.  When I was developing commercial real estate, each building or project that I worked on felt like a child to me, and I would always get excited when the new tenant or owner moved in.  True, I had built the structure but the people who moved in were what ultimately made the building come alive.

Inside these structures, the occupants build their dreams.  Doesn't matter if it's a home or a building - it's where the creativity begins and life actions take place.  It's almost spiritual, hence the desire I had to add the liquid metallic gold at the lower left part of the painting. 

Another fun makeover piece - and it can be hung either horizontally (as shown) or vertically with the black circles on the bottom. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this Judy :) Before I read the post, I thought that the light in the center resembled spirit. Love the aging, the graffiti, the structure showing through. Looks ancient :) (I love looking at houses, floor plans, makeovers.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sheila - the metallics really do lend a spiritual quality to the finished paintings and I'm really enjoying it. Who knew when I chose the theme name "Reflections" that I would literally be working with reflective paints?? Not I!!

    ReplyDelete