Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 11 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - "Snowdrift"

"Snowdrift" - 30" x 30" acrylic & cardboard on 1.5" canvas

I'm happy with the way this painting finally came together.  I covered everything from the previous painting with the exception of the small horizontal white lines at the bottom right side of the piece.  For some reason I have been wanting to paint some abstract cityscapes and at the last minute decided to add the little white "snowflakes" with some finger taps across the canvas using some gesso.  Not too many dots - just enough to give it a feeling of snow drifting over a city.....


5 comments:

  1. Love your colors. I'm enjoying your 30 in 30 submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia - I'm enjoying your submissions too!

      Delete
  2. This painting makes me think of an ethereal winter day in the city, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy all of the elements - particularly the blacks and whites here.

    ReplyDelete